Sunday, August 17, 2014

Rest Day

Sunday is my official rest day. I eat the foods I want and do something that makes me happy weather it's by myself or with a friend. But this wasn't always the case for me. I would say that such and such days were my "rest days" and something would come up; a meeting, writing deadlines, family or friend events. This full schedule was starting to take a toll on my mental and physical health, as well as my relationship with friends and most importantly my partner.

At first it was hard to see "Why was I so stressed out?"
I started to doubt my abilities "Was I not smart, innovative or determined enough to do it all". These thoughts of self doubt only added fuel to the fire that was already starting between my boyfriend and I . It wasn't until I  was awaken on a Sunday morning by a sharp shooting pain going up and down the whole right side of my body. I could barely get up. I decided go see the massage/ acupuncture shop on the corner of my block. Something I had not done for while. I got lucking and the friendly staff squeeze me in for a later appointment. I went home, walking in pain and two hours later went back for my one hour deep tissue massage. I left the place feeling like a new me. I went home and had some much need fun.

So don't wait to give yourself a rest, because life waits for no one. The reports, articles, errands will still be there.

Take your rest day serious and honor it as if it were a work day. Your sex life will thank you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment