Sunday, July 6, 2014

Freedom

It was a wonderful 4th of July Weekend; I celebrated with my boyfriend and friends. The weather was perfect, the food was perfect and so was the company. As I reflect on what the 4th of July means to me as US citizen, I think about all of the little wonderful things in my life. Things like fresh air, an abundance of restaurants, shops, amusement parks, parks, museums that I have access to, the protection I get from those who serve this country in the armed forces. I am grateful for it all everyday.

I also think about the people in my life; friends, family, boyfriend and the choices they made that led them into my life. I see freedom as a tool that everyone all over the world have access to. We choose everyday what we are going to do with what we have. I think its important not to waste that freedom we are all given, if you have people around you that you love and that love you, show and tell them everyday; because at the end freedom is not free we have to work at it. So if you have it and want to keep it, you have to make time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment