Monday, June 16, 2014

Is it Time for Us ?

Lately I have been juggling a very busy schedule with events after work and on weekends. During these hectic times, I still find time to take care of myself, get my manicure and pedicure, my hair done and maybe a full body massage. I meet up with a friend for drinks and even read a book and going shopping online, and yes I consider all of the above little things I do for myself a must; so I fit it in to my schedule no matter what.

So as I sit here and write my blog post weekly, I also think about what did I not make a priority in my schedule last week, that perhaps I should have. Things like drinking more water, getting more sleep, cleaning the house, cleaning out my closet and one very important "to do" spend time with my partner. Too often we neglect our partners; husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, life partner, special someone, we figure they should understand "I'm busy". Yes you're busy, busy doing what ? 

I realize adding time into our schedule to spend together is a must, so for me if that means adding the "event" to my phone calendar and inviting my partner then that's what I'm doing. Some people might find that tacky or impersonal. Every couple has to do what works for them. 

So if my partner ask "is it time for us?" I can look at my calendar and answer that. 



No comments:

Post a Comment