Monday, November 10, 2014

Pick and Choose Your Advice

In our relationship my partner and I have intertwined families I now better know his family and friends and he knows my family and friends better . Maybe because I'm in a relationship now I am attracting friendships with people who are in a stable relationship. I am learning from what people say and don't say. The loving long term relationships are based on compassion and lots, lots of patience, the not so loving relationships were the couples are constantly arguing or mad at each other are full of anger, resentment, and almost no communication.

Being able to observe the small but subtly interactions between the couples around you is important, because when you want advice on improving your relationship you don't want to go the friend that has a problem with being faithful. In the same way if that friend is giving advice on relationships you need to let it go in one ear and out the other.

Either way I don't take advice, I gather opinions and use what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment