Sunday, October 26, 2014

Stop, Look and Listen

As a women with many friends I often contemplate, like a lot of women; how my relationship with my partner is different or the same as my friends. I do the "comparison" thing in the back of my head, not because I have to but because I can, and thoughts are like opinions everyone has one.

So I realize that these "thoughts" I have when I compare my life, relationship, job, income, lifestyle are all stories, yes stories I tell myself about how better or worse a friend is in a certain area of their life. Of course the people we most associate with affect our lives, but each person as an individual adult has a preset determined list of what they consider wrong or right. So if we have our own set of beliefs why are so many of us; myself included, so often preoccupied with thoughts of comparison.

I propose a new idea for myself, stop, look and listen.

STOP the random thoughts, the moment you notice them.
LOOK at yourself, mirror, reflection, recognize yourself as you.
LISTEN to what is going on around you; someone talking to you or just the sound of the wind.

When we can recognize and accept us for being us without comparison we continue to move forward to a better place in all aspect of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment